Eyelash extensions are a great way to lengthen and add volume to your natural lashes. However, sometimes they twist and this can be caused by many things.
If you’ve had your eyelash extensions done and you find that they’re not sticking or they’re falling off, then it may be because of the adhesive used on them. Here are some quick fixes for common problems with eyelash extensions.
To fix twisted eyelash extensions at home, check the glue on the lashes and remove any excess glue that may have caused the eyelashes to twist. Then carefully untwist the twisted lashes with your fingers and apply more glue if necessary. Afterward, use a blow dryer on low heat to help set the new shape of your lashes.
What Causes Eyelash Extensions to Twist?
The main cause of eyelash extensions twisting is when they are not properly applied. The technician might use too much pressure or not enough tension on the lash extension strip during the application, which can cause them to twist and turn out unevenly. This is why it is important for technicians to always apply lashes with care so that they do not twist or turn out unevenly.
Another reason why eyelash extensions might twist is because of natural lashes that are already present in the person’s eye. When these lashes grow stronger or curl upwards, they may interfere with the extension lash being applied, which may cause it to turn out unevenly or even start curling up as well.
Eyelash extensions can also start twisting if there are any oils on the client’s eyes after the extensions have been applied. Wiping off eye makeup and leaving it for a few hours before the application of lashes can help prevent this from happening.
If eyelash extensions start to curl up, a lash curler might be needed to fix them and keep them curled up. A Lash Curler is typically used on natural lashes that are curled upwards and unevenly on the eyelid.
How to Fix Twisted Eyelash Extensions at Home
There are many ways to fix twisted eyelash extensions at home if you ever, find that your eyelash gets twisted. It is not uncommon for eyelash extensions to get twisted.
If you find yourself in this situation, below are some things that you can do to fix the problem.
- Remove the old adhesive from the lashes. Use an oil-based remover or baby oil.
- Cut off a small piece of clear nail polish and place it on the end of a cotton swab.
- Apply the nail polish in a zigzag pattern along the length of each lash extension.
- Wait for them to dry and then use tweezers or fingers to gently remove any excess glue that may have seeped out.
- Apply an eye cream or moisturizer and let your lashes dry naturally.
- Prepare a new adhesive and apply lashes to the problem area.
If your eyelash is twisted, the first thing you need to do is remove the old lashes by following the steps below:
- Apply a lash remover (or oil) to your lash line and wait for it to become tacky.
- Gently peel off the lashes, starting from the outer corner of your eye and moving toward your nose.
- Remove any remaining adhesive with tweezers.
- Clean up any mess with cotton wool soaked in saline solution.
- Pat dry with a clean towel.
- Apply lash glue and wait for it to become tacky.
- Position the new lashes on your eyes by following the manufacturer’s directions.
The second step is to reshape the lashes using a curling iron. Make sure that you remember these two key things:
- Apply heat at medium temperature, not too hot and not too cold.
- Curl in one direction to avoid glue on the lashes sticking together.
- Hold the curling iron at a 90-degree angle and place it close to your skin or lash line. Move it in a circular motion toward the outer corner of your eye.
- Wait for the lashes to cool down- Gently remove the lashes from your eyes and clean up any leftover glue with a cotton swab
- Apply lash glue and wait for it to become tacky.
Viola! your twisted eyelash extensions are now fixed and you are ready to go. As I mentioned earlier, the method i use might differ from the method another person might use, but the goal is to fix it.
On The Blog
How to Fix Bent False Eyelashes
False eyelashes are a staple for many women. They can be expensive, but they can also be a pain to put on. There are many ways to fix bent false eyelashes, so don’t worry if you have the same problem!
Fixing Bent False Eyelashes:
- If your false eyelash is just bent at the base, you may be able to fix it by opening up the adhesive and sticking it back on.
- If your false eyelash is all the way over, you may need to try to put it back on with tweezers or an eyelash curler.
- If your false eyelash is too far gone and you have no other options, try using glue that dries clear like spirit gum or lashes glue. (Apply the glue to the base of your false eyelash and let it sit for a minute or two).
- If you’ve tried these methods and nothing has worked, you may need to cut away the false eyelash from the base. where it’s bent.
- If your false eyelash is already cut away from the base, you can try trimming it with thinning shears to give yourself a new base so that you can glue it back on.
Signs of Bad Lash Extensions
Bad lash extensions are usually noticeable because they are not applied correctly. There are many signs that you can look out for to identify bad lash extensions:
- The lash extensions are too thick and lumpy, or the lashes are too long.
- The lash extensions don’t match your natural lashes in terms of thickness, length, or color
- Lash extension glue is visible on the skin
- One or both eyes have a different volume of lashes
- The lash extension is not glued on properly and it’s sticking out from your natural lashes.
How Often Should I Take a Break from Lash Extensions?
There is no set time frame for when you should take a break from lash extensions. The frequency of your breaks will depend on how often you wear them and how your body reacts to the treatment.
If you have sensitive skin or allergies, it’s best to take a break every few weeks. If you have any other concerns about your health or the health of your lashes, please consult with your doctor before getting lash extensions.
The most important thing is to take care of your natural lashes while you are wearing extensions. You can apply a coat of mascara every few days to keep them looking healthy, but do not use any products that have alcohol or acetone in them as these will damage the adhesive on the extensions.
How Long Do Eyelash Extensions Last Without Infills?
The average eyelash extension lasts for about 3-4 weeks before the lash starts to fall out if it is done well, but this can vary depending on the person. For example, people who have oily skin will have the extensions fall off sooner because their skin is breaking down the adhesive that holds the extensions in place.
If you do not have time for this, then you should consider getting infills every 2-4 weeks instead of waiting until the 4-week mark before your next appointment.
If you have eyelash extensions without infills, it is important to maintain the length and thickness of your lashes by using a lash growth serum or conditioner. Remember, Eyelash extensions will only last this long if they are taken care of properly.
Eyelash extensions are a beauty trend that has been around for a while. But what happens when they get all twisted up?
In this article, we discussed eyelash extensions, why eyelashes twist, and also how to fix them. If you have any questions or need more clarifications please ask us using the comments section, and we will be more than happy to help.