The best way to apply polygel nails and get them to stick to your nails properly in the first place is by using the right adhesive and proper nail preparation. Gel nails can last for up to two weeks, but if they keep popping off, then it is time for some troubleshooting.
Gel nails can pop off due to many reasons such as improper application, improper use of the product or not following instructions on the package, or not wearing gloves when doing household chores. So, the big question now is, how do you get Polygel nails to stick to your nails properly? read on to find out in the next subhead.
Why is My Polygel Not Sticking to My Nail
Polygel, a gel-like substance, is used to strengthen nails. It is applied to the entire surface of the nail and it adheres well when it has been applied properly. However, if it does not adhere well to your nail, it may be due to one of these two reasons:
- The nail was too dry when you applied Polygel. This causes a lack of moisture in the area where you are applying the gel and makes it harder for Polygel to adhere well. If this happens, try applying a thin layer of moisturizer on your nails before applying Polygel so that there’s enough moisture in that area.
- The nail was too wet when you applied Polygel. This causes the gel to dissolve and add moisture to the area where Polygel was applied, causing it not to adhere well. In order for Polygel to stick well, it needs a dry surface for it to work on. If this happens, try waiting until your nail has dried out before applying the polygel again.
The process of applying Polygel to your nails is pretty simple – all you have to do is apply it on your nails before you put your nail polish on. You should wait for about 10 minutes before you seal the polish with a fast drying top coat like Seche Vite or Gelous.
Polygel usually works well with other kinds of nail polishes, but it does not work well with long-lasting liquid and glitter polishes because it tends to mix in with them, making them less effective. Apart from that, the only things you need to do before you apply Polygel are to make sure your nails are clean and dry.
How to Get Polygel Nails to Stick to Your Nails Properly
Generally, the only way to get polygel nails to stick to your nails properly and stay on for a long time, the first thing you need to do is to clean your nail bed before applying the gel polish. This will help the nail polish adhere better and also prevent any infections from occurring.
The gel will stick to your natural nail once it is cured, but it is necessary to make sure that the nails stick properly to your natural nail. If they don’t, you will have to redo them again and again until they do.
To make polygel nails stick properly so you don’t have to redo them again and again.
- Apply a thin layer of gel polish onto your nails, and wait for it to dry before applying another layer of gel polish over it.
- Apply a base coat of clear nail polish over your polygel nail after it dries. This is to help the gel polish adhere better and also to prevent any staining on your nails.
- Apply a top coat once all of the nail polish has dried before you take it off. This will help the nail polish stay in place longer and also make it easier to remove your gel manicure at night.
- Apply a UV top coat over the top of your gel polish to keep it from chipping and peeling.
The top coat should be applied immediately after the manicure has dried.
On The Blog
How to Do Polygel Nails at Home Step by Step
Polygels are easy to do at home, but there are some steps you need to follow before beginning. These types of nails are an option for those who want to have a gel manicure without the commitment of going to a salon every week.
The process is simple, but it takes time and effort. You will need:
Polygel base coat.
Polygel top coat.
Nail polish remover.
Nail polish in colors that you want your nails to be painted in.
Acetone nail polish remover.
Cotton balls or Q-tips.
To get started with applying your ply gel nails at home, follow the steps by steps guide below:-
- First, you need to make sure your nails are clean and dry. If they are not, let them sit for at least an hour before proceeding.
- Next, use a cotton ball or towel to apply some nail polish remover around the edge of the gel part of your acrylic nails. You do not want any residue from the polish remover on the gel because the gel will not stick properly.
- After letting them sit for at least an hour, use a cotton ball or towel to clean up the residue of polish remover on your nails and place some nail glue onto the area where you would like your gel nails to be applied.
- Use a q-tip or toothpick and apply some pressure in small circular motions around your cuticle, this will help the glue stick.
Continue this process until you have a thick, even layer of glue on your nail bed. Apply the gel polish over the glue, moving your nail around to make sure you don’t miss any spots. Wait 20 minutes for the gel polish to dry and enjoy your new nails!
How Do You Prepare Your Nails for Polygel?
Polygel can be used to create a variety of designs, including French manicures or French tips. The process requires preparation before applying the gel.
Here are some steps that you need to take:
- Clean your nails with soap and warm water.
- Apply a thin layer of base coat on the nails.
- Apply two coats of top coat on the nails.
Can You Put Polygel over Fake Nails
Yes, you can put Polygel over fake nails, fake nails are made of polygel which is a polymer-based gel that can be used in different ways. Polygel is a versatile material that can be used to create artificial nails, fake teeth, and even fake hair.
Some people use it to make their own fake nails at home, while others buy it from stores. There are many ways you can use polygel. You could also put it over your real nails to make them look more natural and last longer than they would without the product on top of them.
How Thick Should Polygel Nails Be
It is recommended that when applying polygel nails you should make sure it is not more than 0.03 inches or even less.
Polygel nails are made of a UV-cured polymer that is applied over the nail in layers. Polygel nails can be applied with one, two, or three coats, depending on the thickness desired.
The thickness of polygel nails: The thickness of polygel nails depends on how many layers you apply to your nail. One layer will give you a thin look while three layers will provide more coverage and give the appearance of thicker natural nails.
Cure time: Polygel nails can be treated with a UV/LED light for a shorter cure time or can be left on the nail for a longer cure time. The length of the cure depends on how many layers you apply and whether or not you use a UV/LED light to speed up the process.
Polygel nails are able to be removed or repositions with no chance of damaging the nail bed. Polygel nails are a hybrid between gel and acrylic that is applied over natural nails to give the appearance of thick, natural nails.
Is Polygel Base Coat the Same As Gel Base Coat
Polygel is a type of gel-based polish that is designed to be applied over nail polish. It’s a less expensive alternative to gel polish, which can cost up to $50 or more per application. Polygel polishes are also easier to remove than gel polish, as they don’t require soaking in acetone.
It’s important to note that not all polygel polishes are created equal. Some brands use polyacrylate and other types of gels with different properties, so it’s important for you to know what you’re buying before you purchase your next bottle.
In conclusion, Polygel nails are a great alternative to acrylic nails. They are more natural, easy to apply, and last for a long time.
One of the most common problems people have with polygel nails is that they come off easily. In this article, we have discussed all you need to know about how to get Polygel Nails to stick to your nails properly.