It is important to know the difference between Polygel and Gelish. Polygel is a nail polish that never needs a top coat, while Gelish is a gel polish that needs to be cured under UV or LED light.
If you do not wait for the product to dry before adding another layer, then it can cause the previous layer of Polygel to become thicker and not dry properly, which can lead to chipping. Polygel can be applied like any other nail polish and it will not require any more steps than what you are used to with regular nail polish. It will not need an additional top coat.
When you apply Polygel, you will want to make sure that your nails are dry before applying the product. This product does not dry as quickly as regular nail polish, so it could take up to three minutes for the product to dry completely on your nails.
Why is My Polygel Not Sticking to My Nail
There are a few reasons why your nail polish might not be sticking to your nails. If the surface of your nails is too dry, the polish won’t adhere properly. This can happen if you’ve been washing dishes or doing other tasks that involve water and soap.
Another reason could be that you’re applying too much pressure when applying the polish. If you’re pressing down on your nails with the brush, it might make it difficult for the polish to stick to your nail bed because it’s not being applied evenly.
Lastly, if you’re using a cheap nail polish remover, this could also cause problems with the stickiness of your nail polish. It’s important to use an acetone-free formula that is gentle on both your nails and skin.
How to Get Polygel Nails to Stick?
If you want your nails to last longer and not fall off, then you should make sure that they get dried properly after every manicure or pedicure appointment. You should not just let them dry naturally because this can take hours and result in smudges on the nails.
However, the best technique for applying polygel nails is to use an adhesive that has been designed specifically for this purpose. This will make sure that your nails will not come off easily, which can be embarrassing in many social situations.
It’s important to note that you should never use glue from the hardware store because it can damage your natural nails and cause infection. The main advantage that polygel nails have over other types of artificial nails is that they have much better quality and last much longer than any other type of artificial nail.
They don’t break as easily as acrylic or gel nails, and they don’t peel off like silk wraps or fiberglass wraps do. Another advantage is that you don’t need to use an expensive UV light to cure the gel.
On The Blog
How Long Do Polygel Nails Last
Polygel nails last about two to three weeks, which means that they are perfect for people who want long-lasting manicures but don’t want to constantly go back to the salon every two weeks.
The application process for polygel nails is similar to that of acrylic nails. However, unlike acrylics, the application process for polygel nails does not require the use of a liquid monomer or any other chemicals.
Instead, the gel is applied directly to the natural nail plate in a thin layer and cured under UV lights. In comparison to acrylics, they are less likely to chip or crack because they are more flexible and durable than acrylics. As such, they can last up to four weeks with proper care and maintenance (e.g., filing off any rough edges).
The use of polygel nails is not restricted to just one type of nail art. You can use them for french manicures, full coverage, or even just as an accent on your fingers or toes. The only limitation with polygel nails is that you should not apply them on your toes if you intend to wear open-toed shoes.
How to Do Polygel Nails at Home Step by Step
Polygel nails are a great way to make your nails look professional without having to go through the process of getting a salon manicure. The process is easy, and you can do it by yourself.
The application of Polygel is done by using a Polygel nail polish, which can be found at your local drugstore or beauty supply store.
- Using the brush included with the polish, paint on two thin coats of the polish over your natural nail color. Allow each coat to dry for about 10 minutes before applying another one.
- After drying, use a thin strip of tape to apply Polygel over your natural nail color and push back any cuticle that may be peeking out. Let the polish dry again before removing the tape and polishing off the excess with a nail buffer.
We offer Polygel in a base coat, top coat, and gel polish all in one. There are three sizes to choose from: 0.3 ounces or 10 mL; 1 ounce or 30 mL, and 2 ounces or 60 mL.
How Long Do You Need to Cure Polygel Nails?
Poly gel nails are durable, long-lasting, and easy to maintain. However, they can be difficult to remove.
It is important to note that it does not really take much time for the polymer in polygel nails to cure completely. You will need about 10 minutes for each coat of polish you apply on your nails before it dries completely.
To remove polygel nails, you will need acetone or other chemical removers with a high percentage of alcohol content or acetone-free removers like glycerin or water-based removers like Isopropyl alcohol or Acetone free nail polish removers. Remove any remaining gel with a cotton ball or toothpick.
How to Prepare My Nails for Polygel
Nail preparation is the process of preparing the nail for the application of artificial nails. Preparing nails for Polygel can be done with a few simple steps.
- Soak the nails in warm water for 10 minutes to soften the nail surface and cuticles.
- Trim the cuticles around each nail with an orange stick, pushing back the cuticle as far as possible without breaking them off.
- Use a metal file to remove any rough edges or ridges on the surface of the nail plate and gently push back any remaining cuticle to expose the nail bed, which should be pink and free of debris or dry skin.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before proceeding to the next step if they are not already clean from step one above.
- Apply a mild liquid soap or cleanser to your nails and rub your hands together, working it in until it’s all rinsed off.
- Cut a sheet of Polygel about 1/4 inch bigger than the nail surface and place it on clean paper towels or cotton cloth to catch drips.
- Apply a layer of Polygel over the entire nail plate, keeping the edges smooth and even with a brush or your fingers.
- Wait a few minutes while the Polygel dries, then buff the edges of the nail plate with light strokes.
- Apply another layer of Polygel over the entire nail and wait 10 minutes for it to dry, then use a pumice stone or emery board to gently remove any remaining gel from around the cuticles and the bed of nails.
Can I Use an Led Flashlight to Cure Gel Nails?
The answer is yes.
The LED flashlight can be used to cure gel nails. To use the flashlight, follow these steps:
- Turn the light on.
- Place your hand under the light and close your eyes while holding on to the light with your other hand.
- Hold your breath for 10 seconds and then release it slowly without opening your eyes.
Many brands of this type of nail polish are on the market, but some people have complained about it not sticking to their nails when they try to remove it.
In conclusion, the main reason why My Polygel isn’t sticking to my nail is because of the gap between the nail and the gel. If you want to get your gel to stick better, make sure that your nails are clean and free of dirt.